You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a refund. We will only pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within three weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
Returns are happily accepted if the following conditions apply:
- Merchandise must be unused/uninstalled and have all original packaging, accessories, and manuals.
- A request for an RMA is made within 30 days of receipt of the merchandise
- Merchandise is returned within 15 days of receipt of the RMA
Products and accessories, except specially marked items, can be returned within 30 days of delivery*, but will be subject to a 20% restocking fee to cover testing, cleaning and repackaging expenses. Simply request an RMA, return the item to us, shipping prepaid & using the most convenient shipping method available to you. Most merchandise includes free shipping, so if you return one of these products our actual outbound shipping costs will be deducted from your return refund. Opened returns must be in salable condition with original materials and packaging.
* Engine powered equipment cannot be returned once it has been gassed or oiled due to federal shipping regulations. If the product has been gassed or oiled, it needs to be taken to an authorized service center for repair which may be covered under warranty.
Specially Marked Items
These items are shipped to you directly from the manufacturer. Returns are not accepted for electronics or merchandise that is labeled "As-Is", Special Order" and "Built to Order".
- In order to request a cancellation, you are required to send email notification with your Name and Order Number to email@example.com
- You will receive an email confirmation receipt within 1-2 Business Days
- Cancellation requests made through any other methods will not be accepted
- Items marked with "As-Is", "Special Order" or "Build to Order" can only be canceled by notification no later than the next business day after placing your order. Cancellation requests for these items made after , will not be accepted.
- If you cancel/refuse an order which has already been shipped, you will be responsible for both the outbound and return shipping costs in addition to the 20% restocking fee
Once an item has been installed or altered in any way, it cannot be returned. Any damage due to improper installation is the responsibility of you or your installer. A warranty claim can be made, but it is up to the discretion of the manufacturer if they will cover any costs associated with an incorrect installation.
You are encouraged to test your product within 15 days of receipt so we can quickly remedy any mechanical problems. If you think your product is defective, don't worry.
Damaged or Missing Merchandise
You must open and inspect your shipment for damage and piece count. Do not accept damaged goods. Merchandise that is refused due to damage will be returned to us and replaced promptly and all related claims will be handled by AP Electric. In the event you accept a damaged shipment, you incur all responsibility associated with filing a freight claim with the carrier. Please retain all items (pallet, carton, etc) including documentation (delivery receipt, pictures, etc) as the carrier has the right to inspect the damaged merchandise and original shipping cartons before processing your claim.
If there is no visible or obvious damage (the carton appears acceptable at delivery and no damage is noted on delivery receipt), but broken or damaged items are discovered after opening, call the carrier within two (2) business days of receipt for instructions in placing a Concealed Damage Claim. Typically, a carrier will not give you 100% replacement value when filing a concealed damage claim and we will not assume the difference. YOU are responsible for verifying the condition of your merchandise upon receipt. Please inspect it carefully for shipping/handling damage, Open the Package and Inspect The Contents, prior to signing the delivery receipt. AP Electric & Generators will not be responsible for concealed freight damage.
Please ensure that all items listed on the delivery receipt are present and accounted for. Occasionally, several items will be shipped on one pallet which is designated on the delivery receipt. If the pallet is not shrink wrapped and the number of items you receive does not correspond with the delivery receipt, you must designate so, indicating the missing item(s) and call AP Electric immediately to initiate a replacement process. Please note that batteries which are shipped with a generator are located on top of the generator and not inside the generator box and are counted as a separate item on the delivery receipt. In the event you accept a shipment without notating any missing items, you incur all responsibility associated with filing a claim and replacing the product.